Mark Hilliard, Atelier…
A Landscape, Wildlife & Fine Art Photographer for 58 years, Mark has extensively traveled the world chasing his photographic visions.
Mark has the Mark Hilliard, ATELIER, his PRIVATE digital and darkroom studio where he practices fine art nature, landscape and Wabi/Sabi photography.
Mark specializes in Large & Medium Format film photography and creates alternative prints with his Van Dyke Brown and Platinum/Palladium printing. This is a process from the 1840’s where the emulsion is made and coated directly onto the print paper, dried, exposed in a UV light box and developed in several chemical baths. You can see examples of this in the WORK tab above!
While Mark shoots ultra high resolution digital, but he loves working in Medium & Large format film as well. He has three 4×5 cameras and several medium format systems (see below). He processes and wet mount scans all of the negatives, both B&W and color. Samples of this film work can be seen in the WORK tab above! He tends to shoot about 80% in film.
Mark is best known for his high-speed hummingbird photography, water drop collisions, ultra long exposures, lightning, B&W and Color film and medium format digital landscapes, shrimp boats and Grist mills.
- Fuji GFX 100 102mpix medium format digital system
- Fuji GFX 50R medium format digital system
- Fujinon GF32-64mmF4 R LM WR Lens
- Fujinon GF100-200 lens
- Fujinon GF 250mm lens
- Fujinon GF120mmF4 R LM OIS WR Macro Lens
Medium Format Film:
- Mamiya 7ii with the 65mm, 43mm and 10mm lenses
- Mamiya 645AFDii Film Body
- Fuji GA645zi Film Body
- Dayi 6×12 Panoramic Film system
- Fuji GW690III 6×9 Film Body
Large Format Film:
- Shen Hao Cherry 4×5 Field Camera with various lenses
- Polaroid 900 converted to 4×5 with 150mm lens
- Polaroid 110B converted to 4×5 with 90mm lens
- Petri 7S Film Body
- Olympus XA Film Body
- Olympus RC 35 Film Body